One of my friend bought HTC Smart. A java based smart phone with very good features. She used it for two weeks but suddenly phone stopped working. All other things were working properly like sending & receiving SMS, incoming call except outgoing calls. She tried to call HTC customer care. As per them she have to visit customer care centre. After visiting over their, they told her, it is the software issue & they require bill for further processing. But due to some reason she was not having bill at that time. Even they refused to guide how to update the software. She came to me for help. I tried to restore factory setting, but no luck. After going through HTC website I came to know software updation is a very simple process. So thought I should write an article on it to help others. You need to follow few steps to flash your phone software.
- Go to HTC website
- Select Support tab.
- Choose your model.
- In the Download Section you will get ROM Upgrade for HTC Smart. Click on the Download.
- To begin download you need to enter phone’s serial no & closet location for download.
Before updating firmware
- Please make sure you have install HTC Sync for Brew MP on your computer and the USB sync cable is connected to your device and PC.
- Please back up your data first with HTC Sync for Brew MP before upgrading your phone.
- All running applications on the device have been closed.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is at least 50%. To check the battery level you could check the battery icon on the upper right corner.
- Once you proceed with the upgrade, the system can not be downgraded again.
- The update will take up to 10 minutes, DO NOT interrupt the update process, make/receive phone calls, disconnect the device from the PC, or press any buttons until the process has been completed.
- Connect your phone via USB sync cable (you must have installed HTC sync for HTC Smart).
- Launch the application on your PC. On the Welcome Screen, select the I understand the caution above and have reviewed the Readme check box, and then click Next.
Note: Before going ahead, click View Readme when executing the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU) to view detailed upgrade procedure, error message information or Q&A.
- The following message will then be displayed, indicating that the utility is verifying and acquiring information about the phone as preparation for the update process. Wait for this verification process to finish.
- A progress bar will appear during the update process.
Note: If during the update process, the progress bar stops running, do not be alarmed. The progress bar stopping is normal as the HTC System Software Update Utility is adjusting itself to complete the update process automatically.
- When you see the screen below, it means that the update is finished. Click Finish to exit the utility.