Ubuntu Tweak is an application designed to config Ubuntu easier for everyone. It provides many useful desktop and system options that the default desktop environment does’t provide.
At present, it’s only designed for the Ubuntu GNOME Desktop, and always follows the newest Ubuntu distribution.
With Ubuntu Tweak you can do following things.
- View of Basic System Information(Distribution, Kernel, CPU, Memory, etc.)
- GNOME Session Control
- Auto Start Program Control
- Quick install popular applications
- A lot of third-party sources to keep applications up-to-date
- Clean unneeded packages or cache to free disk space
- Show/Hide and Change Splash screen
- Show/Hide desktop icons or Mounted Volumes
- Show/Hide/Rename Computer, Home, Trash or Network icon
- Tweak Metacity Window Manager’s style and behaviour
- Compiz Fusion settings, Screen Edge Settings, Window Effect Settings, Menu Effect Settings
- Set the Shortcuts to archive quicker access your favourite applications
- GNOME Panel Settings
- Nautilus Settings
- Advanced Power Management Settings
- System Security Settings
In this new version the “Love Wallpaper HD” is officially introduced. You can browser the random wallpapers that fit your screen size in it. By clicking “I’m Feeling Lucky” you can always get new pictures, by double-clicking the picture, Ubuntu Tweak will download and set the wallpaper for you automatically.
The picture will be saved at ~/.config/ubuntu-tweak/lovewallpaper.jpg, if you like it, you can move it out.
By following below methods you can install Ubuntu Tweak on Ubuntu 12.10, 12.04 and 11.10
Step 1 Open a command prompt
Step 2 Run following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
Ubuntu Tweak debs can also be downloaded via Launchpad.