NirLauncher is a package of more than 100 portable freeware utilities for Windows, all of them developed for NirSoft Web site during the last few years.
- NirLauncher can be used from USB flash drive without need of any installation.
- NirLauncher and all the utilities in the package are completely freeware, without any Spyware/Adware/Malware.
- NirLauncher package includes variety of tools that you may need for your daily computer use, including utilities to recover lost passwords, to monitor your network, to view and extract cookies, cache, and other information stored by your Web browser, to search files in your system.
- For every utility in the package, you can easily run it, view the help file, or jump to the Web page of the utility.
- When using it from USB flash drive, the configuration of every utility is saved into .cfg file on the flash drive.
- On x64 systems, NirLauncher automatically run the x64 version of the utility, when there is a separated x64 version.
- NirLauncher also allows to add more software packages in additional to the main NirSoft package.
You can download the latest version from NirLauncher website i.e http://launcher.nirsoft.net
Ever want to edit pdf file without any software? You can use PDFescape. PDFescape is a free online PDF editor. By using PDFescape you can :
- Add text, shapes, whiteout & more to PDF files
- Move & delete PDF pages
- Create links to other PDF pages or web content
- Change PDF information tags
- Encrypt PDF contents using a password
- Add & edit PDF annotations (sticky notes)
For using PDFescape just go to their website. You can also use it as an unregistered user.
Ever want to create collage in linux? Then Shape Collage is the answer. Shape Collage was started by Vincent Cheung in 2007 because he had thousands of photos and didn’t know what to do with them. He thought about making a photo collage with his photos, but didn’t like the existing collage making programs. They required too much work to make a collage, they didn’t look nice, and they didn’t give you enough control. He begin tinkering around and invented a new algorithm for automatically arranging photos in a collage. Vincent then realized that his algorithm wasn’t restricted to just boring rectangular collages like everyone else, and so, Shape Collage was born!
Shape Collage is the only collage maker that:
- Optimally arranges photos
- Creates collages in different shapes
- Can handle thousands of photos
- Generates super high-resolution images (up to 200 megapixels)
- Makes collages in just seconds
You need java installed on your machine. To know how to install java you can refer my previous post.
Running Shape Collage:
tar zxvf ShapeCollage-2.5.tar.gz
cd "Shape Collage"
One of my friend bought HTC Smart. A java based smart phone with very good features. She used it for two weeks but suddenly phone stopped working. All other things were working properly like sending & receiving SMS, incoming call except outgoing calls. She tried to call HTC customer care. As per them she have to visit customer care centre. After visiting over their, they told her, it is the software issue & they require bill for further processing. But due to some reason she was not having bill at that time. Even they refused to guide how to update the software. She came to me for help. I tried to restore factory setting, but no luck. After going through HTC website I came to know software updation is a very simple process. So thought I should write an article on it to help others. You need to follow few steps to flash your phone software.
Most of the time user use same laptop at home as well as at office. At home most probebly they have different network and in office if the system administrator is smart, he will be using DHCP server to allocate IP address. While working from home they have to set IP address manually as per their ISP. To make this task easier we can use netsh.