FileZilla is a free software, cross-platform FTP application, consisting of FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. FileZilla Client binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, server binaries are available for Windows only. The FileZilla client supports FTP, SFTP and FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS). Support for SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) is not implemented in FileZilla Server.
It is written in C++ and uses the wxWidgets library.
FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
Among others, the features of FileZilla include the following:
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files > 4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
Steps of How to install FileZilla Client on Ubuntu 15.04
We will be installing FileZilla on our 64 bit Operating System. If you want to check your operating system architecture check, How to Find Operating System Bit in Ubuntu tutorial.
Step 3 : Type FileZilla in search box and press enter to install FileZilla client on Ubuntu
Step 4 : Select FileZilla Client from list and click on install button.
Step 5 : You will be prompted for your password to start the installation.