Google recently updated its Android OS to 2.3.2, also patched the same for SMS bug. Users of Nexus S who have not received this update via OTA can update your OS via following procedure.
- Use this software at your own risk, I will be not held responsible for any damage caused at your device.
- Read the instructions carefully before starting.
Install Android 2.3.1 on Nexus S
- You need to have stock recovery and not clockwork recovery on your Nexus S.
- Download the Android 2.3.2 update from here.
- Rename the downloaded file to update.zip and not update.zip.zip.
- Move the file to the root of your phone’s internal storage.
- Power off your Nexus S.
- Turn on your Nexus S while holding down the Volume Up button.
- From the bootloader screen that appears, scroll down to recovery and press the Power button.
- Wait for the triangle with an exclamation symbol to appear. Once the symbol shows up, press the Power and Volume Up button at the same time.
- From the list of options that appear, select update.
Install Android 2.3.2 on Nexus S