Today for some testing I have to install Oracle Application Server on centos. Following steps will guide you regarding installing Oracle Application server on CentOS.
Please go to the Note section to know the problems I faced at the time of installation.
Click on the screenshots for better resolution.
1. First add user from which you are going to start installation.
useradd oracle groupadd oracle
2. Installing dependencies
yum install -y gcc xorg-x11-deprecated-libs
3. Create a folder for Oracle Application server installation and assign permission to it.
mkdir /app chown oracle:oracle /app
4. Download the installer from http://edelivery.oracle.com to /tmp/install location and Unzip the installer
cd /tmp/install cat soa_linux_x86_101310_disk1.cpio | cpio -idmv
5. Now run the installer
14. In Administration Settings, provide AS Instance Name, AS Administrative Password. You required this password to access Oracle Application Server admin console.
Also check Configure this as an Administration OC4j instance.
19. Now you will get End of installation screen there you will see Oracle Application server admin console url. In my case it is
20. To access Oracle Application server admin console enter http://ip:7777/em in your browser. You need to put password specified in step 14
At the time of installation I have faced following problems:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/OraInstall2011-06-29_11-04-15PM/jre/1.4.2/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or direct
For above error I have to install xorg-x11-deprecated-libs
error in invoking target ‘ntcontab.o’ of makefile OracleAS_1/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk
For above error I have to install gcc
/Apache/Apache/bin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The above error came while starting http server from opmn.
To solve this run,
ln -s /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/libdb.so.2